Where’s Teepa – In-Person and On-Line?
- Teepa will be on-line for lots of meetings, webinars, and even a radio interview this week. She will also be in Pennsylvania and Missouri for conferences sessions.
- One webinar on Monday afternoon, the 22nd, at 4-5:30 ET will address Grief and Loss being expressed by phrases like “Have you seen my mother?” or “Where’s my husband?” Join us live or watch the recorded version for just $20. Click here to find out more.
- On Wednesday the 24th she is speaking at the Pennsylvania Coalition of Affiliated Healthcare and Lifecare Communities in State College, PA. This conference is no longer open for attendance, but check out Teepa’s Event Calendar, if you want to know when she might be somewhere near you and there is availability! Click here to get the full listing. Just put your zip code in and possibilities will pop up!
- After Teepa finishes that talk, on Wednesday the 24th, she is offering another webinar. This one is for teams of carers, be they families, friends, or professionals. The topic for this session, at 4:30-6 pm ET on Wednesday, is Successful Transitions with Less Distress. $20 adds you to the session and gives you access afterward. Click Here for more info.
- On Thursday afternoon there is a free webinar event, sponsored by Senior Helpers! From 1-2:30 pm ET. The topic is Helping When Someone in the Family Doesn’t Think Help is Needed, but the Evidence Says it Is! Join us registering. Click here for details.
- On Friday, Teepa is presenting a keynote for the annual conference of another home care provider, First Light Home Care. This session will happen in Kansas City. Although this session is not open to the public, there are many others that are. The next three up are in the first week of May. One in London, Ontario sponsored by Parkwood Division of Geriatric Medicine. A second one in Benchmark Senior Living in Bedford, NH. A third is with Baptist Health System in Scotia, NY. Click here to find more details.
PAC On-Line – Webinars and More!
- On Wednesday the 24th, Teepa is offering a webinar. This one is for teams of carers, be they families, friends, or professionals. The topic for this session, at 4:30-6 pm ET on Wednesday, is Successful Transitions with Less Distress. $20 adds you to the session and gives you access afterward. Click Here for more info.
- A Care Partner webinar on Sadness and Loss, as it is expressed and experienced by the person living with dementia, on April 22nd from 4-5:30 pm ET. Find out more here
- On Wednesday April 24th from 4:30-6 pm ET, A Team Webinar on on the topic of Optimizing Ways and Means for Successful Transitions While Minimizing Distress! Click here for more info.
- Thursday afternoon there is a free webinar event, sponsored by Senior Helpers! From 1-2:30 pm ET. The topic is Helping When Someone in the Family Doesn’t Think Help is Needed, but the Evidence Says it Is! Click here for details.
- Although it is too late to join our current Care Partner Support Series, you can sign up for another run of a five-part Care Partner Support Series starting in May 16th. Learn to get the help you need to do more than simply try to survive this condition. Click here to learn more.
- Another option as a hands-on care partner seeking support is our monthly Support Network Gathering. Our next session is on May 20th at 5-6:30 pm ET. We will kick off the session with the topic of This Just Isn’t Working Anymore! Click here for more info.
- If you missed our last Wednesday evening free live stream of Ask Teepa Anything, mark your calendar for next month – May 29th 7-8:30 ET and sign-up here to be part of the conversation
We are not conducting any Certification Courses this week. We just finished a Trainer Certification in Grand Rapids. Here are a few comments from attendees.
I cannot count on both my hands what I learned! Amazing! 100 times more than what I expected!!
It was a terrific experience. Hearing from experienced mentors and getting feedback on what I did well and what I can work on, was so helpful!!
If you are responsible for helping others learn about dementia and how to provide person-focused care, you might want to consider one of our Trainer Certifications in Seattle, WA, Halifax, NS, or even London, England! Click here to learn more about Trainer Certifications.
If Trainer is not your gig, consider the possibility of Coach, Consultant, or Engagement Leader. Wanting to get new habits of care in place, consider Coaching. Trying to address challenges in care and help teams work together for success, find out about Consultant. Or perhaps the greatest support position of all, an Engagement Leader is what is needed to change the flow of the day, the mundane into the meaningful, the way people spend time. If so, check out our Engagement Leader Certification.
If you are part of LeadingAge Oklahoma, hopefully you are going to their Conference. Dr. Beth Nolan is presenting as an accomplished PAC Speaker.
Are you responsible for booking a presenter who can hold the attention of a large audience or you need someone to keep a diverse group of group members engaged, consider an accomplished PAC Speaker. Click here to find out and see and hear more!
Click here to check out our fabulous speakers and plan ahead for your next event!
Not interested in an in-person event, but still looking for high quality offerings? How about a live webinar session with Teepa or another member of our PAC accomplished team! Click here and let us know you are interested.
If you are a member of the PAC Certified Community, we have an event for Coaches on Thursday, April 25th at 4-5 entitled Making New Drills Impactful. It is free if you are Certified. Alejandro DeJesus will be leading this offering – this is one Coaching Session that could really help you make a difference.
PAC Products of Note
Are you a newcomer to PAC and wondering where to start? We have some informative free resources which are a great place to start:
- About Dementia Videos – Click here
- Introduction to the GEMS Brain Change Model – Click here
- And then try these accessible and reasonably priced resources:
- The Dementia Caregiver Guide reinforces the impact of Teepa Snow’s guidance and person-centered care in a simple easy to read 100 page guidebook
- The Journey of Dementias packed with over three hours of essential preparation tips and advice to provide you with vital information and solutions to be the best possible care partner in all situations.
If you are familiar with PAC and want a better option – rather than just buying a DVD and having people watch it, consider a DVD-In-Service Script and Quiz Package. You can help yourself and others get more and do more with the content. These short sessions, designed to run 15-20 minutes, can help you start changing the culture of care in your community. Check it out!