One Day Skills Awareness Workshop
Introduce Positive Approach® to Care (PAC) philosophy and care partnering techniques to your staff and professional network.
Book staff training today and take the first step toward enhancing your team’s awareness and knowledge of dementia, while improving their understanding of specific techniques and hands-on skills that create quality of life for people living with dementia.
Positive Approach® to Care (PAC) Skills Awareness Workshop
Changing Caregivers Into Care Partners through Connection, Communication, and Care
(4.5 hours of content/ max 45 participants)
Treat your staff to this enlightening and interactive training session, designed to provide an introduction to Positive Approach® philosophy and care partnering techniques that change the way people think about dementia.
- Discuss common brain changes
- Compare and contrast cues that people living with dementia provide to others, indicating the most common unmet needs that lead to distress or challenging behaviors
- Practice four assistive techniques for various levels of cognitive impairment, emphasizing use of preserved abilities
- Identify the value of consistent positive reinforcement and proactive interventions to promote well-being and reduce challenging situations
- Using GEMS®, recognize the value of noticing the functional ability of the person living with dementia and supportive responses that match.
$3,000 + travel for two PAC Skills Mentors