The Art of Caregiving Learning Kit
From: $95.00 now,then $10.00 for 1 year
Use Teepa Snow’s, The Art of Caregiving, to transform your in-service meetings into collaborative learning sessions for your organization. PAC In-Service Learning Kits were designed to facilitate learning in small group and classroom-type settings.
Learning Kits include a physical DVD, Online Streaming access, and downloadable PDF Learning Materials paired with a renewing annual Usage License to use the video and materials for internal staff education.
This Learning Kit includes the following:
- The Art of Caregiving on DVD and via Online Streaming
- Duration: 2 hours (118 minutes)
- Content Outline and Learning Objectives (pdf)
- Quiz for Pre and Post Assessments (pdf)
- Answer Key (pdf)
- Additional Resource Materials (pdf) covering:
- The GEMS State Model
- The Umbrella of Dementia
- Six Pieces of the Puzzle
- Positive Physical Approach/Action Starters/Personal Connections
- PAC Core Values
- Certificate of Completion Template (pdf)
Using this Learning Kit will increase staff awareness of how much their approach and interactions impact people living with dementia. It will help them understand that dementia is not a choice, but a condition that affects a person’s ability to function “normally.” As care partners, it is possible to adapt what we do to improve care interactions and outcomes. The practical and well-designed techniques demonstrated in these videos can be used by any member of your staff, volunteers, or family members.
The Art of Caregiving (Duration: 2 hours/118 minutes)
Teepa’s insights are based on a foundation of science, mixed with a genuine dose of love and understanding for people living with dementia. The Art of Caregiving is a great learning tool for anyone, from beginning in-home care partner to experienced professional.
- hands-on care partnering techniques to ease daily tasks, such as moving assistance, bathing, eating, transfers, and dressing
- how to best approach and interact with a person living with dementia
- why knowing a person’s life history, personal preferences, and personality traits matters
- about stress management and the importance of caring for yourself to minimize resistance and increase positive interactions
- about different types of dementia such as Vascular Dementia, Lewy Body Dementia, and Frontotemporal Dementia
Two hours of information, tips, and techniques