Seeing It From the Other Side: Part 3 – Becoming Dementia Knowledgeable (DVD)
Teepa Snow, separates myth from reality in this eye-opening multi part video collection “Seeing It From the Other Side.” Her insightful teachings help professionals and care partners further understand the needs and experiences of those living with the effects of dementia. These instructional Positive Approach™ to Care dvd’s are divided into menu topic chapters providing an excellent resource for facilitating group education or in-service classes. Filmed in Atlanta, Georgia this 3 day course builds on itself and, without fail, will improve your personal experience or organizational approach to person centered dementia care. Learn in Part 3:
- About the brains Limbic System and why so often when dealing with dementia individuals are fighting, afraid, or hiding things.
- To make changes from using old in-effective care approaches to innovative person-centered habits and care behaviors that create positive emotional connection and physical interaction.
- How to use Hand-under-Hand™ technique to leverage maintained brain function and skill ability when helping someone eat.
- Explore the many challenging behaviors associated with dementia which are typically the consequence of unidentified and unmet needs.
Duration: 96 minutes
Seeing it From the Other Side: Part 3 – Becoming Dementia Knowledgeable
Course Chapters Include:
– Thrive to Survive (35 min)
– Changing “Habits” (40 min)
– Eating with Hand-under-Hand™ (6 min)
– Challenging Behaviors (25 min)
Please Note: “Seeing it From the Other Side” dvd’s Part 1,2, and 3 are included with registration for any Trainer Certification course.
Licensing Disclaimer: This content is intended for individual use only. If you are interested in multiple party viewings or licensing of this content for use in your training services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Buy in bulk and save! Discounts available for purchases of more than 15 identical items. Contact email@example.com for more information.