Seeing It From the Other Side: Part 2 – The Condition of Dementia (DVD)
Teepa Snow, separates myth from reality in this eye-opening multi part video collection “Seeing It From the Other Side.” Her insightful teachings help professionals and care partners further understand the needs and experiences of those living with the effects of dementia. These instructional Positive Approach™ to Care dvd’s are divided into menu topic chapters providing an excellent resource for facilitating group education or in-service classes. Filmed in Atlanta, Georgia this 3 day course builds on itself and, without fail, will improve your personal experience or organizational approach to person centered dementia care. Learn in Part 2:
- How to determine if challenges are due to dementia and the importance of finding an “ability” baseline.
- What causes dementia and what does it mean to live, function, and thrive with brain failure.
- About Teepa’s GEMS™ the person-centered dementia classification model defining “states” of changing cognitive and physical ability.
- The risk reducing and effective care partner techniques of Positive Physical Approach™ and Hand-under-Hand™.
Duration: 147 minutes
Seeing it From the Other Side: Part 2 – The Condititon of Dementia
– Determining Dementia (20 min)
– The Umbrella of Dementia (15 min)
– Brain Failure (25 min)
– Teepa’s GEMS® (20 min)
– Positive Physical Approach™ (40 min)
– Hand-under-Hand® Technique (27 min)
Please Note: “Seeing it From the Other Side” dvd’s Part 1,2, and 3 are included with registration for any Trainer Certification course.
Licensing Disclaimer: This content is intended for individual use only. If you are interested in multiple party viewings or licensing of this content for use in your training services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Buy in bulk and save! Discounts available for purchases of more than 15 identical items. Contact email@example.com for more information.