Seeing it From the Other Side: Part 2 – Learning Kit
From: $85.00 one time, and$10.00 / year
Use Teepa Snow’s, Seeing it from the Other Side: Part 2- The Condition of Dementia, to transform your in-service meetings into collaborative learning sessions for your organization. PAC In-Service Learning Kits were designed to facilitate learning in small groups and classroom-type settings.
Learning Kits include a physical DVD, Online Streaming access, and downloadable PDF Learning Materials paired with a renewing annual Usage License to use the video and materials for internal staff education.
This Learning Kit includes the following:
- Seeing it From the Other Side: Part 2 on DVD and via Online Streaming
- Duration: 2+ hours/147 minutes
- Content Outline and Learning Objectives (pdf)
- Quiz for Pre and Post Assessments (pdf)
- Answer Key (pdf)
- Additional Resource Materials (pdf) covering:
- The GEMS State Model
- The Umbrella of Dementia
- Six Pieces of the Puzzle
- Positive Physical Approach/Action Starters/Personal Connections
- PAC Core Values
- Certificate of Completion Template (pdf)
Using this Learning Kit will increase staff awareness of how much their approach and interactions impact people living with dementia. It will help them understand that dementia is not a choice, but a condition that affects a person’s ability to function “normally.” As care partners, it is possible to adapt to what we do to improve care interactions and outcomes. The practical and well-designed techniques demonstrated in these videos can be used by any member of your staff, volunteers, or family members.
Seeing it From the Other Side: Part 2 (Duration: 2+ hours/147 minutes)
Teepa’s insights are based on a foundation of science, mixed with a genuine dose of love and understanding for people living with dementia. Seeing it From the Other Side is a great learning tool for anyone, from beginning in-home care partner to experienced professional.
Learn in Part 2:
- How to determine if challenges are due to dementia and the importance of finding an “ability” baseline.
- What causes dementia and what does it mean to live, function, and thrive with brain failure.
- About Teepa’s GEMS® the person-centered dementia classification model defining “states” of changing cognitive and physical ability.
- The risk-reducing and effective care partner techniques of Positive Physical Approach™ and Hand-under-Hand®.
Chapter 1: Determining Dementia (20 min)
Chapter 2: The Umbrella of Dementia (15 min)
Chapter 3: Brain Failure (25 min)
Chapter 4: Teepa’s GEMS® (20 min)
Chapter 5: Positive Physical Approach™ (40 min)
Chapter 6: Hand-under-Hand® Technique (27 min)