Reflections: Spiritual and Patriotic Readings With Music (CD)
For the first time ever, the most well known American spiritual and patriotic songs, poetry and speeches are melded together in one unique, uplifting collection. Dr. Charles Stier reads this specially selected material. His stirring renditions bring to life the spirit and sense of patriotism that lies deep in all of our hearts and memories. Each recitation features patented Altus Oscillation enhancement technology and is accompanied with either calming music or the sounds of nature.
Example Tracks Include:
- Amazing Grace
- The Gettysburg Address
- America the Beautiful
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic
- Paul Revere’s Ride
While appropriate for all individuals living with Alzheimer’s or dementia, these readings are especially suitable for later-stage patients. Because later stage patients process their thoughts more slowly, these unhurried readings permit the person living with Alzheimer’s or dementia the time to hear, comprehend and enjoy each selection.
Alzheimer’s Music Connect products use their own patent-pending audio technology (Altus Oscillation) paired with familiar melodies to promote relaxation for people with dementia and provide caregivers with respite. User feedback and a physician consultation reported that music calms agitation, amplifies brain activity, and provides an opportunity for family caregivers to connect with their loved one.
Alzheimer’s Music Connect reported that their enhanced music has positive effects for family caregivers including:
- Improved mood of the person living with dementia – lasting nearly 3 hours.
- Increased opportunity for caregivers to take a personal break – lasting nearly two hours.
Please scroll down to the Description Tab to see the full track list.
Track list for this CD:
- The Pledge of Allegiance (Francis Bellamy) 0:28
- The Star Spangled Banner (Francis Scott Key) 3:33
- Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death! (Patrick Henry) 3:33
- The Declaration of Independence (Thomas Jefferson) 4:05
- Paul Revere’s Ride (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow) 8:40
- A Proclamation (November 1789) (George Washington) 2:10
- America the Beautiful (Katherine Lee Bates) 2:28
- Amazing Grace (John Newton) 2:14
- O Danny Boy (Frederick Weatherly) 2:31
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic (Julia Ward Howe) 4:02
- Tramp! Tramp! Tramp! (The Prisoner’s Hope) (George F. Root) 3:09
- The Gettysburg Address (Abraham Lincoln) 3:14
- Dear Sister father Mother and friends (John Ross Waller) 2:04
- When Johnny Comes Marching Home (Patrick Gilmore) 1:32
- Letter to Sarah (Major Sullivan Ballou) 10:37
- Two Letters (Abraham Lincoln) 4:38
- O Captain My Captain (Walt Whitman) 2:40
- The Road Not Taken (Robert Frost) 1:44
- My Country, ‘Tis of Thee (Samuel Francis Smith) 1:35
- Anthem (Leonard Cohen) 2:52
- A Letter Home (Sergeant David Ker) 2:27
- Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You (John F. Kennedy) 4:40
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening (Robert Frost) 1:26