Progression of Dementia: Seeing GEMS – Not Just Loss- Group Learning Module
$7.00 / year / per Learner (*Requires payment for a minimum of 50 Learners)
Meet your dementia education needs by giving each of your team members access to exclusive Teepa Snow Dementia Education and Care Skills content with PAC’s Online Group Learning platform!
What does this module include?
- Progression of Dementia: Seeing GEMS – Not Just Loss video program (see Description tab below for curriculum details)
- Video Duration: 2 hours (117 minutes)
- Course outline, course learning objectives, and additional resource materials
- Online Quiz – automatically graded!
- Automatically generated and personalized Certificate of Completion
- One-year license to use the video content
- License subscription renews automatically each year and can be cancelled at any time
How does it work?
- With Online Group Learning, the purchaser automatically becomes a Group Leader.
- After purchase you can assign additional Group Leaders and add your staff members as learners. A PAC staff member is available to assist you with this process.
- Each learner in your group will have individual 24/7 access to the video content and materials through their own account.
- Group Leaders can easily monitor progress and quiz results of your staff members, and download progress reports for easy documentation.
How much does it cost?
- Starts at $350 per year which includes the first 50 learners. Additional learners only $7 per year! License subscription renews annually.
- Please note Online Group Learning requires a minimum purchase of 50 learners.
- Need access for fewer than 25 staff members? Send us an email and we’ll be happy to work out a custom solution for you.
How do I purchase?
- Only one Online Group Learning product can be purchased per order.
- During checkout you will need to create a name for your Online Group.
- In the box below, select the maximum number of learners you may need (including you). Additional learners cannot be added to the same group at a later time.
- Explore Online Group Learning features and functionality in more detail on the Dementia Education for Professionals Overview Page here
- Give us a call at 877-877-1671, Ext. 6 today and we will assist you with your selection and purchase!
Progression of Dementia: Seeing GEMS – Not Just Loss
Video Duration: 2 hours (117 minutes)
In Progression of Dementia: Seeing GEMS – Not Just Loss, Teepa Snow, an internationally acclaimed Alzheimers and dementia care specialist, teaches her students how to offer support and assistance to reframe the changes that come with the progression of dementia.
By the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of matching the care support and cueing needed to the combination of lost and retained abilities of the person living with dementia to optimize quality of life for all involved.
- Describe typical progression patterns for changing abilities in combination with support and environmental changes that foster best performance while providing safety mechanisms and support that is typically needed.
- Understand why patients in later GEMS States can’t relax their muscles, and how to safely handle them to reduce the risk of bruising.
- Understand the impact of changes in brain function on behavior, communication and interaction skills, visual processing, functional abilities, memory, reasoning, and decision-making abilities as dementia progresses, emphasizing what is available and preserved.
Discuss the impact of changes in brain function on behavior, communication and interaction skills, visual processing, functional abilities, and decision-making abilities.
- Lesson 1: How does Dementia Progress (6 min)
- Lesson 2: It’s All About the Money (23 min)
- Lesson 3: Gem Levels – Diamonds vs Emeralds (29 min)
- Lesson 4: Ambers – Caution (19 min)
- Lesson 5: Rubies – Stop (17 min)
- Lesson 6: Pearls – End of life (23 min)
Video Duration: 2 hours (117 minutes)
Tags for reference: