Maintain Your Brain: Dementia Risk Reduction & Life After Diagnosis Learning Kit
From: $85.00 one time, and$10.00 / year
Use Teepa Snow’s, Maintain Your Brain: Dementia Risk Reduction & Life After Diagnosis, to transform your in-service meetings into collaborative learning sessions for your organization. PAC In-Service Learning Kits were designed to facilitate learning in small group and classroom-type settings.
Learning Kits include a physical DVD, Online Streaming access, and downloadable PDF Learning Materials paired with a renewing annual Usage License to use the video and materials for internal staff education.
This Learning Kit includes the following:
- Maintain Your Brain on DVD and via Online Streaming
- Duration: 2.5 hours (150 minutes)
- Content Outline and Learning Objectives (pdf)
- Quiz for Pre and Post Assessments (pdf)
- Answer Key (pdf)
- Additional Resource Materials (pdf) covering:
- The GEMS State Model
- The Umbrella of Dementia
- Six Pieces of the Puzzle
- Positive Physical Approach/Action Starters/Personal Connections
- PAC Core Values
- Certificate of Completion Template (pdf)
Using this Learning Kit will increase staff awareness on how much their approach and interactions impact people living with dementia. It will help them understand that dementia is not a choice, but a condition that affects a person’s ability to function “normally.” As care partners, it is possible to adapt what we do to improve care interactions and outcomes. The practical and well-designed techniques demonstrated in these videos can be used by any member of your staff, volunteers, or family members.
Maintain Your Brain: Dementia Risk Reduction & Life After Diagnosis (Duration: 2.5 hours/150 minutes)
In this video, you will learn about dementia risk factors, and how lifestyle choices affecting brain health, even after diagnosis. Topics include brain exercises, physical and cognitive activity, nutrition, and diet.
- about the effects of dementia on the brain
- about your risk of developing dementia
- of the top three lifestyle choices that affect your dementia risk
- about the connection between the heart and brain
- brain-health promoting activities and games
- about brain-friendly nutrition and diet choices
- about additional lifestyle choices that can affect brain health
- about recognizing early warning signs, such as changes in memory, thinking, judgments, personality, speech, sleep, or appetite
- about enjoying life even if you have been diagnosed
Prefer for your team members to have their own access to this program? Consider one of our affordable Online Group Learning options instead! Click here to learn more.
Prefer to upload our content to your own, secured LMS platform? Click here to complete the request form.