Lewy Body Dementia – What Everyone Needs to Know Learning Kit
From: $95.00 now,then $10.00 / year
Use Teepa Snow’s, Lewy Body Dementia – What Everyone Needs to Know, to transform your in-service meetings into collaborative learning sessions for your organization. PAC In-Service Learning Kits were designed to facilitate learning in small group and classroom-type settings.
Learning Kits include a physical DVD, Online Streaming access, and downloadable PDF Learning Materials paired with a renewing annual Usage License to use the video and materials for internal staff education.
This Learning Kit includes the following:
- Lewy Body Dementia – What Everyone Needs to Know on DVD and via Online Streaming
- Duration: 2.5 hours (150 minutes)
- Content Outline and Learning Objectives (pdf)
- Quiz for Pre and Post Assessments (pdf)
- Answer Key (pdf)
- Additional Resource Materials (pdf) covering:
- The GEMS State Model
- The Umbrella of Dementia
- Six Pieces of the Puzzle
- Positive Physical Approach/Action Starters/Personal Connections
- PAC Core Values
- Certificate of Completion Template (pdf)
Using this Learning Kit will increase staff awareness of how much their approach and interactions impact people living with dementia. It will help them understand that dementia is not a choice, but a condition that affects a person’s ability to function “normally.” As care partners, it is possible to adapt what we do to improve care interactions and outcomes. The practical and well-designed techniques demonstrated in these videos can be used by any member of your staff, volunteers, or family members.
Lewy Body Dementia – What Everyone Needs to Know (Duration: 2.5 hours/150 minutes)
Lewy Body Dementia (LBD), the second most prevalent form of dementia, is regularly misdiagnosed and particularly challenging for care partners and those living with the condition.
Knowing about LBD-specific medication interactions is critical to best protect your loved one or person living with LBD, and practical solutions for challenging situations will help you increase mutual understanding.
- about common LBD symptoms
- how to get a good and complete diagnosis
- about commonly prescribed anti-psychotic medications that can have potentially harmful or even deadly side effects if given to a person living with LBD
- how to adapt your care partnering skills to the needs of a person living with LBD
- how to utilize visual and verbal cues to increase understanding and cooperation
- about hands-on skills for LBD
Over two and a half hours of information, tips, and techniques
- Chapter 1: Difference in Dementias
- Chapter 2: Lewy Body Awareness
- Chapter 3: Example
- Chapter 4: Create A Safe Place
- Chapter 5: Warning Signs
- Chapter 6: Lewy Body Warning
- Chapter 7: What is Lewy Body?
- Chapter 8: Diagnosis
- Chapter 9: Who can get Lewy Body?
- Chapter 10: Symptoms
- Chapter 11: Delusional Thinking
- Chapter 12: Techniques and Examples
- Chapter 13: Visual Disturbance
- Chapter 14: Medications
- Chapter 15: Hands-on Skills
- Bonus Content: Conversation with Ruth and Bob