The Inevitable Hospital Stay – How to Advocate for Your Loved One – Group Learning Module
$7.00 / year / per Learner (*Requires payment for a minimum of 50 Learners)
Meet your dementia education needs by giving each of your team members access to exclusive Teepa Snow Dementia Education and Care Skills content with PAC’s Online Group Learning platform!
What does this module include?
- The Inevitable Hospital Stay – How to Advocate for Your Loved One video program (see Description tab below for curriculum details)
- Video Duration: 2.5 hours (154 minutes)
- Course outline, course learning objectives, and additional resource materials
- Online Quiz – automatically graded!
- Automatically generated and personalized Certificate of Completion
- One year license to use the video content
- License subscription renews automatically each year and can be cancelled at any time
How does it work?
- With Online Group Learning, the purchaser automatically becomes a Group Leader.
- After purchase you can assign additional Group Leaders and add your staff members as learners. A PAC staff member is available to assist you with this process.
- Each learner in your group will have individual 24/7 access to the video content and materials through their own account.
- Group Leaders can easily monitor progress and quiz results of your staff members, and download progress reports for easy documentation.
How much does it cost?
- Starts at $350 per year which includes the first 50 learners. Additional learners only $7 per year! License subscription renews annually.
- Please note Online Group Learning requires a minimum purchase of 50 learners.
- Need access for fewer than 25 staff members? Send us an email and we’ll be happy to work out a custom solution for you
How do I purchase?
- Only one Online Group Learning product can be purchased per order.
- During checkout you will need to create a name for your Online Group.
- In the box below, select the maximum number of learners you may need (including you). Additional learners cannot be added to the same group at a later time.
- Explore Online Group Learning features and functionality in more detail on the Dementia Education for Professionals Overview Page here
- Give us a call at 877-877-1671, Ext. 6 today and we will assist you with your selection and purchase!
The Inevitable Hospital Stay – How to Advocate for Your Loved One
Video Duration: 2.5 hours (154 minutes)
In The Inevitable Hospital Stay – How to Advocate for Your Loved One, Teepa Snow, an internationally acclaimed Alzheimers and dementia care specialist, teaches her students how a person with dementia perceives his/her environment and how to properly adapt one’s own behavior to increase communication and the patient’s quality of life.
Learn techniques to improve communication, mutual understanding, better manage distress, and much more
- why hospitals are the most dangerous place for people living with dementia, which problems may arise, and how you can positively impact the outcome of your loved one’s stay
- how to ask the right questions and make the best choices when speaking to medical staff
- which drugs are commonly prescribed in hospitals that can have severe side effects for your person living with dementia
- how to detect pain and find comforting solutions
- which items to discuss with family members and how to work as a team throughout this journey
- Chapter 1: Introduction, Data, and Statistics (11 minutes)
- Chapter 2: Example of Surgery (6 minutes)
- Chapter 3: Pain Medication (3 minutes)
- Chapter 4: Feeding Tubes (12 minutes)
- Chapter 5: Primary Diagnosis (10 minutes)
- Chapter 6: What Is Not Working (16 minutes)
- Chapter 7: Dementia and Brain Failure (37 minutes)
- Chapter 8: What Should Be Done (30 minutes)
- Chapter 9: Six Pieces of the Puzzle (11 minutes)
- Chapter 10: How to Screen for Pain (7 minutes)
- Chapter 11: Questions & Answers (11 minutes)
Video Duration: 2.5 hours (154 minutes)
Tags for reference: