Improving Emergency Services for Dementia Patients (DVD)
Recognizing symptoms of dementia and knowing how to reduce stress and resistance of people affected with the disease during precarious situations is vital for emergency personnel. Improving Emergency Services for Dementia Patients shows law enforcement officers, firefighters, EMTs, 911 dispatchers, and emergency room personnel how to best handle challenging behaviors and issues related to abuse or neglect.
- about Alzheimers disease and other forms of dementia
- how to recognize that dementia might be present
- how to best help the person with dementia in cases of abuse, neglect, fraud, theft, wandering/elopement, or medical emergencies
- how to best communicate with a person living with dementia
- to use a Positive Physical Approach™ in interactions for improved outcomes
- how to get a person living with dementia to cooperate and follow instructions
- Over two hours of information, tips, and techniques
- link to a downloadable handout, so you can easily recall the learned information
Please note: This DVD is printed on-demand and thus will ship 2-3 days after your order is placed. Thank you for your patience.
Licensing Disclaimer: This content is intended for individual use only. If you are interested in multiple party viewings or licensing of this content for use in your training services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Buy in bulk and save! Discounts available for purchases of more than 15 identical items. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Total Runtime: 105 minutes