Improving Communications in Dementia Care (Streaming)
Nothing is more challenging in dementia care than effective communication. Have you had trouble getting a loved one to a screening, or aren’t sure how to communicate when there is a need to stop driving?
This in-depth, hands-on workshop with internationally recognized dementia care expert Teepa Snow offers the skills necessary to tackle these crucial conversations and safeguard your loved one.
- how to partner with a person living with dementia when change is needed
- how to best approach for screening or medical attention
- how to best communicate when there is a need to stop driving
- how to relate so a person is more likely to accept help
- how to help family members near or far recognize symptoms and changing needs
- how to communicate and work more effectively with professional and family care partners
- how to help friends and neighbors maintain or regain relationships when dementia changes abilities
- Over five hours of information, tips, and techniques