The Inevitable Hospital Stay – How to Advocate for Your Loved One with Dementia (DVD)
You might not think that your loved one living with dementia will need to go to the hospital. But unfortunately, most people living with dementia will require multiple stays as the disease progresses. Not because of the dementia, but because of an increase in falls, hip fractures, pneumonia, other conditions, or injuries. Dementia is rarely the primary diagnosis in a hospital, but offers special challenges that can significantly affect a person’s hospital stay and treatment outcome.
Learn with Teepa Snow why being prepared is key to advocating for your loved one when he or she no longer can.
- why hospitals are the most dangerous place for people living with dementia, which problems may arise, and how you can positively impact the outcome of your loved one’s stay
- how to ask the right questions and make the best choices when speaking to medical staff
- which drugs are commonly prescribed in hospitals that can have severe side effects for your person living with dementia
- how to detect pain and find comforting solutions
- which items to discuss with family members and how to work as a team throughout this journey
- Over two hours of information, tips, and techniques
- link to a downloadable handout, so you can easily recall the learned information
Please note: This DVD is printed on-demand and thus will ship 2-3 days after your order is placed. Thank you for your patience.
Licensing Disclaimer: This content is intended for individual use only. If you are interested in multiple party viewings or licensing of this content for use in your training services, please contact email@example.com for further information.
Buy in bulk and save! Discounts available for purchases of more than 15 identical items. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.