End of Life Care and Letting Go (DVD)
Learn to recognize a person’s progression into the final stages of dementia and provide the best care with Teepa Snow’s hands-on, disease-level appropriate techniques. In this two hour training program, Teepa explains how to connect with someone living with late stage dementia, how to recognize and manage pain, and how to help the care team grieve the loss and celebrate the person’s life.
- about indicators that the disease has progressed into its final stages and how to provide the most effective comfort care
- how to communicate by using visual, auditory, and physical signals of connection when a person’s brain can no longer process words
- about physical changes and the importance of primitive reflexes
- techniques for a consistent Positive Physical Approach™
- about different care approaches, from health promotion to compensatory care
- about advanced directives, living wills, do not resuscitate orders (DNRs), palliative care, and hospice care
- about giving the person living with dementia permission to pass without giving up on them (Letting Go vs. Giving Up)
- Over two hours of information, tips, and techniques
- link to a downloadable handout, so you can easily recall the learned information
Please note: This DVD is printed on-demand and thus will ship 2-3 days after your order is placed. Thank you for your patience.
Licensing Disclaimer: This content is intended for individual use only. If you are interested in multiple party viewings or licensing of this content for use in your training services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Buy in bulk and save! Discounts available for purchases of more than 15 identical items. Contact email@example.com for more information.