Dental Care For People with Dementia (DVD)
Dental care, immensely important to a person’s overall health, becomes more and more challenging for care partners as the person’s dementia progresses.
Learn effective techniques to handle challenging situations and provide the best dental care for a person living with dementia, including but not limited to Alzheimers, Lewy Body, or Frontotemporal Dementia.
- about causes for common dental care issues and how to overcome them
- why people living with dementia are likely to react negatively to common oral care procedures
- about changes in motor skills and sensation
- about vision changes, such as binocular vision and inability to recognize objects
- about verbal, visual, auditory, touch, and tactile cues to improve cooperation
- how to create a more calming environment through changes to lighting, temperature, and more
- about techniques and tools to adapt oral care techniques to increase cooperation and improve dental care results
- Over two hours of information, tips, and techniques
- Access to a downloadable handout, so you can easily recall the learned information
Please note: This DVD is printed on-demand and thus will ship 2-3 days after your order is placed. Thank you for your patience.
Licensing Disclaimer: This content is intended for individual use only. If you are interested in multiple party viewings or licensing of this content for use in your training services, please contact email@example.com for further information.
Buy in bulk and save! Discounts available for purchases of more than 15 identical items. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.