Dental Care for People with Dementia – Group Learning Module
$7.00 / year / per Learner (*Requires payment for a minimum of 50 Learners)
Meet your dementia education needs by giving each of your team members access to exclusive Teepa Snow Dementia Education and Care Skills content with PAC’s Online Group Learning platform!
What does this module include?
- Dental Care for People with Dementia video program (see Description tab below for curriculum details)
- Video Duration: 2 hours (136 minutes)
- Course Outline, Course Learning Objectives and additional resource materials
- Online Quiz- automatically graded!
- Automatically generated and personalized Certificate of Completion
- One year license to use the video content
- License subscription renews automatically each year and can be cancelled at any time
How does it work?
- With Online Group Learning, the purchaser automatically become a Group Leader.
- After purchase you can assign additional Group Leaders and add your staff members as learners. A PAC staff member is available to assist you with this process.
- Each learner in your group will have individual 24/7 access to the video content and materials through their own account.
- Group Leaders can easily monitor progress and quiz results of your staff members, and download progress reports for easy documentation.
How much does it cost?
- Starts at $350 per year which includes the first 50 learners. Additional learners only $7 per year! License subscription renews annually.
- Please note Online Group Learning requires a minimum purchase of 50 learners.
- Need access for fewer than 25 staff members? Send us an email and we’ll be happy to work out a custom solution for you
How do I purchase?
- Only one Online Group Learning product can be purchased per order.
- During checkout you will need to create a name for your Online Group.
- In the box below, select the maximum number of learners you may need (including you). Additional learners cannot be added to the same group at a later time.
- Explore Online Group Learning features and functionality in more detail on the Dementia Education for Professionals Overview Page here
- Give us a call at 877-877-1671, Ext. 6 today and we will assist you with your selection and purchase!
Dental Care for People with Dementia
Video Duration: 2 hours (136 minutes)
In Dental Care for People with Dementia, Teepa Snow, an internationally acclaimed Alzheimers and dementia care specialist, teaches her students how a person with dementia perceives his/her environment and how to properly adapt one’s own behavior to increase communication and the patient’s quality of life.
Learn techniques to improve communication, mutual understanding, better manage distress, and much more
- about causes for common dental care issues and how to overcome them
- why people living with dementia are likely to react negatively to common oral care procedures
- about changes in motor skills and sensation
- about vision changes, such as binocular vision and inability to recognize objects
- about verbal, visual, auditory, touch, and tactile cues to improve cooperation
- how to create a more calming environment through changes to lighting, temperature, and more
- about techniques and tools to adapt oral care techniques to increase cooperation and improve dental care results
- Lesson 1: Introduction (1 minutes)
- Lesson 2: Dementia that Impacts Dental Care (6 minutes)
- Lesson 3: Preserved Skills (9 minutes)
- Lesson 4: Tips and Approaches Length: (21 minutes)
- Lesson 4: Environment, Speech, Rhythm, Vision (12 minutes)
- Lesson 5: Changes in Motor Skills and Speech (8 minutes)
- Lesson 6: Examples of What to Use and How to Fix the Environment (18 minutes)
- Lesson 7: Diamonds (14 minutes)
- Lesson 8: Emeralds (20 minutes)
- Lesson 9: Ambers (10 minutes)
- Lesson 10: Rubies (4 minutes)
- Lesson 11: Pearls (5 minutes)
- Lesson 12: Examples (8 minutes)
Video Duration: 2 hours (136 minutes)
Tags for reference: