Dementia Care Provision: Reducing Risk by Changing Care Strategies (Streaming)
Dementia changes everything!
Including the effectiveness of many standard health care practices, procedures, and protocols. This poignant training video will teach providers and practitioners how to reduce risk in professional settings and medical models of care when working with dementia. Staff behavior can make a fundamental difference with working with resistance, limits in understanding and comprehension, or the inability to communicate personal unmet needs. Learn the tried and true non-pharmalogical care approach and skill techniques developed by Teepa Snow that will dramatically reduce combative behaviors, falls, accidents, elopement, and on the job staff-related injuries.
Dementia Care Provision: Reducing Risk by Changing Care Strategies
- Chapter 1 Caring Agendas (13:42)
- Chapter 2 Relationship Matters (17:31)
- Chapter 3 Hand Under Hand Technique (29:09)
- Chapter 4 Vision Change (23:42)
- Chapter 5 The Brain Tour (22:53)
- Chapter 6 Positive Physical Approach (08:26)
- Chapter 7 Sensation & Movement (15:36)
- Chapter 8 Care Partnering (25:42)