Companion Cards (Help Resolve Awkward Public Situations)
Teepa Snow’s Dementia Care Companion Cards
– A Discreet Communication Tool for Dementia Care Partners to Help Resolve Unexpected or Awkward Public Situations
- A handy tool to help outsiders understand that a person’s unexpected behaviors are due to dementia and a changing brain
- If you’re experiencing an unexpected or awkward situation, discreetly hand one of these cards to the person near you to help them understand the situation
- Front of card reads:
- “My companion is living with brain change. I apologize in advance if something is said or done that surprises or distresses you. We are both doing the best we can.”
- Set includes 75 conveniently sized cards to help resolve awkward situations. All cards have the same text.
- Set comes with 1 clear card carrying case with a blue feather symbol
Cards are business card size 3.5″ x 2″. Cards come in a shrink-wrapped bundle of 75. About 25 cards at a time fit in the holder.
Front of card reads-
Please be aware: My companion is living with brain change.
I apologize in advance if something is said or done that surprises or distresses you.
We are both doing the best we can.
Back of card reads-
Positive Approach to Care was formed to help care partners around the world become dementia aware, knowledgable, and skilled!
Learn more about brain and ability changes that happen with various forms of dementia at www.teepasnow.com