Challenging Behaviors in Dementia Care Learning Kit
From: $95.00 now,then $10.00 / year
Use Teepa Snow’s, Challenging Behaviors in Dementia Care, to transform your in-service meetings into collaborative learning sessions for your organization. PAC In-Service Learning Kits were designed to facilitate learning in small group and classroom-type settings.
Learning Kits include a physical DVD, Online Streaming access, and downloadable PDF Learning Materials paired with a renewing annual Usage License to use the video and materials for internal staff education.
This Learning Kit includes the following:
- Challenging Behaviors in Dementia Care on DVD and via Online Streaming
- Duration: 2.5 hours (150 minutes)
- Content Outline and Learning Objectives (pdf)
- Quiz for Pre and Post Assessments (pdf)
- Answer Key (pdf)
- Additional Resource Materials (pdf) covering:
- The GEMS State Model
- The Umbrella of Dementia
- Six Pieces of the Puzzle
- Positive Physical Approach/Action Starters/Personal Connections
- PAC Core Values
- Certificate of Completion Template (pdf)
Using this Learning Kit will increase staff awareness on how much their approach and interactions impact people living with dementia. It will help them understand that dementia is not a choice, but a condition that affects a person’s ability to function “normally.” As care partners, it is possible to adapt what we do to improve care interactions and outcomes. The practical and well-designed techniques demonstrated in these videos can be used by any member of your staff, volunteers, or family members.
Challenging Behaviors in Dementia Care (Duration: 2.5 hours/150 minutes)
Anger, physical resistance, swearing, hallucinations, sexually undesired advances, or surprising actions are just a few examples of challenging situations that can occur when a person is living with dementia. As a care partner, any of these could leave you feeling distressed, hurt, embarrassed, or unappreciated.
Would you like to know how to best respond to challenging situations? Would you like to be able to reduce the chance of future escalations and help the person living with dementia feel at ease?
- which physical and emotional needs may be causing challenging situations
- how to figure out the problem, ease the discomfort, and calm the person in distress
- hands-on techniques to connect and comfort using visual, verbal, physical, emotional, and spiritual communication
- how to create a deeper and more meaningful care approach by using Teepa’s Six Pieces of the Puzzle™
- Over two and a half hours of information, tips, and techniques
- Chapter 1: Resistive and Distressed Behaviors
- Chapter 2: Sexual Advances and Explicit Behaviors
- Chapter 3: Six Pieces of the Puzzle
- Chapter 4: Hallucinations & Questions and Answers