Becoming Dementia Aware Learning Kit
$105.00 now,then $10.00 for 1 year
Use our most popular course, Becoming Dementia Aware, to transform your in-service meetings into collaborative learning sessions for your organization. PAC In-Service Learning Kits were designed to facilitate learning in small group and classroom-type settings.
This Learning Kit includes Online Streaming access and downloadable PDF Learning Materials paired with a renewing annual Usage License to use the video and materials for internal staff education.
This Learning Kit includes the following:
- Becoming Dementia Aware via Online Streaming
- Duration: 3.5 hours (210 minutes)
- Content Outline and Learning Objectives (pdf)
- Quiz for Pre and Post Assessments (pdf)
- Answer Key (pdf)
- Additional Resource Materials (pdf) covering:
- The GEMS State Model
- The Umbrella of Dementia
- Six Pieces of the Puzzle
- Positive Physical Approach/Action Starters/Personal Connections
- PAC Core Values
- Certificate of Completion Template (pdf)
Using this Learning Kit will increase staff awareness on how much their approach and interactions impact people living with dementia. It will help them understand that dementia is not a choice, but a condition that affects a person’s ability to function “normally.” As care partners, it is possible to adapt what we do to improve care interactions and outcomes. The practical and well-designed techniques demonstrated in these videos can be used by any member of your staff, volunteers, or family members.
Becoming Dementia Aware (Duration: 3.5 hours/210 minutes)
This video will allow you to dive into dementia in a way you never have before. Teepa will take you through the many areas of the brain affected by dementia and will give you skills and strategies for better ways to care. This video covers many essential topics including recognizing and responding to brain changes and using Positive Physical Approach.
An introduction to Teepa Snow and the PAC methods
- Teepa’s Welcome Clip (0:44)
- Becoming Dementia Aware – Section 1: Getting to Know Teepa Snow (15:19)
Dementia and the Brain
- Becoming Dementia Aware – Section 2: Diving Deeper into Dementia (25:49)
- Becoming Dementia Aware – Section 3: The Brain (25:02)
Better Ways to Care
- Becoming Dementia Aware- Section 4: Seeing and Responding to the Changes (24:29)
- Becoming Dementia Aware- Section 5: Greet Before you Treat (21:39)
- Becoming Dementia Aware- Section 6: The Positive Physical Approach (PPA) (23:11)
- PAC Skills In Depth (6:27)
- Becoming Dementia Aware- Section 7: After PPA (21:35)
- Becoming Dementia Aware- Section 8: Caring for ALL (18:35)
- Becoming Dementia Aware- Section 9: The Review (45:34)
- Course Follow-up
Teepa’s Songs and the PAC Team
- PAC Team Songs (4:12)
Prefer for your team members to have their own access to this program? Consider one of our affordable Online Group Learning options instead! Click here to learn more.