Advanced Care Skills in Late-Stage Dementia Learning Kit (test)
From: $10.50 now,then $10.00 / year
Use Teepa Snow’s, Advanced Care Skills in Late-Stage Dementia, to transform your in-service meetings into collaborative learning sessions for your organization. PAC In-Service Learning Kits were designed to facilitate learning in small group and classroom-type settings.
Learning Kits include a physical DVD, Online Streaming access, and downloadable PDF Learning Materials paired with a renewing annual Usage License to use the video and materials for internal staff education.
This Learning Kit includes the following:
- Advanced Care Skills in Late-Stage Dementia on DVD and via Online Streaming
- Duration: 2 hours (120 minutes)
- Content Outline and Learning Objectives (pdf)
- Quiz for Pre and Post Assessments (pdf)
- Answer Key (pdf)
- Additional Resource Materials (pdf) covering:
- The GEMS State Model
- The Umbrella of Dementia
- Six Pieces of the Puzzle
- Positive Physical Approach/Action Starters/Personal Connections
- PAC Core Values
- Certificate of Completion Template (pdf)
Using this Learning Kit will increase staff awareness of how much their approach and interactions impact people living with dementia. It will help them understand that dementia is not a choice, but a condition that affects a person’s ability to function “normally.” As care partners, it is possible to adapt what we do to improve care interactions and outcomes. The practical and well-designed techniques demonstrated in these videos can be used by any member of your staff, volunteers, or family members.
Advanced Care Skills in Late-Stage Dementia (Duration: 2 hours/120 minutes)
Teepa’s insights are based on a foundation of science, mixed with a genuine dose of love and understanding for people living with dementia. Advanced Care Skills is a great learning tool for anyone, from beginning in-home care partner to experienced professional.
- how to calmly get a person out of bed while protecting your back
- how to safely transfer a person from bed to wheelchair
- how to best transfer a person from bed to wheelchair using a SARA lift
- how to bathe and dress a person in bed while protecting their dignity
- how to assist with eating and drinking using the most compassionate care techniques
Chapter 1: Getting Out Of Bed (23 minutes)
Chapter 2: Transferring From Bed to Wheelchair (15 minutes)
Chapter 3: SARA Lift Transfer From Bed to Wheelchair (19 minutes)
Chapter 4: Bathing and Dressing in Bed (44 minutes)
Chapter 5: Assisting with Eating and Drinking (16 minutes)