Virtual Champion Course For *Recreational Therapists- Oct. 2, 2020 10:30 am -5 pm ET
This session content is for everyone and is *pre-approved by NCTRC for 5.5 contact hours for Recreational Therapists.
Learn to make interactions more positive for all with Positive Physical Approach™ (PPA™) skills.
The session is highly interactive and will provide learners with:
- Hands-on skill building for immediate application in daily care or therapeutic practices.
- Physical interaction skills as well as verbal behaviors that can help manage challenging situations.
- Modifications that can reduce distress, encourage acceptance of assistance, and improve outcomes for both people living with dementia and providers.
- Skill building to apply understanding of dementia, focusing on not just what is lost in dementia, but rather what is retained.
- Participants will come to understand the value of the relationship with a person living with dementia (PLWD) in relation to the daily tasks.
Teepa believes that all individuals, whatever their state of being, in the right setting and with the right care, can shine!
Join us from 10:30 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Time Zone.
Doors open (virtually) at 10:15 am.
For are more detailed description of the all four levels of our Champions Courses, click here.
To register for the Champion Course, complete registration to the left.
To help build your skills we recommend having a partner available in your space, however having a partner is not required.
“It was very interactive and having the hands on practice helped me tremendously.”
–From one of our virtual learners
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call 1-877-877-1671 ext. 1
Hosted by: Old Dominion University’s Park, Recreation and Tourism Studies (PRTS) program.