- This event has passed.
Teepa Snow – PAC Skill Building Day in Hawaii
Join Teepa, Dorothy Colby, and other Hawaii PAC Certified Team members for a day of fun and skill building in Honolulu.
Creating and Supporting Opportunities for Meaningful Engagement
Teepa wants to help with the age-old question, “How do you fill a day for someone else without losing your ability to meet your own needs?” This full-day workshop is for professional and home care partners families who are looking to increase opportunities for engagement with people living with dementia in a more meaningful way. Topics include:
- Positive Personal Care Techniques
- Putting Fun into Physical & Cognitive Fitness
- Using Music & Sounds to Connect and Engage
- Finding Ways to Build Purpose into What You Offer
- Keeping Brains Active – Promoting What Is Still Possible
- Fostering Relationships with Changing Abilities
- Creating a Rhythm for Each Person’s Day
Registration opens at 8am. Lunch and snacks will be provided.
Professionals who may benefit from this workshop include:
- Recreational Therapists
- Activity or Engagement Directors (Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, Adult Day Care settings)
- Memory Program/Unit Directors
- Regional or Corporate Engagement Program/Service Directors
- Home Care Coordinators
- Aging Community Service or Day Service Center Planners or Coordinators
- COTAs or CCRC Programming Leaders
- Parks and Recreation Aging Services Coordinators
- Hospice and Palliative Care Volunteer Leaders
- Care Plan Service Coordinators/Planners