- This event has passed.
Webinar: How to Provide Support When Physical Resistance Presents
Why Might I Try To Hurt You? Could You Be Threatening Me, Without Even Knowing It? Reframing Your Perspective for Improved Interactions
When a person living with dementia strikes out at you, it is time to take a step back and consider what triggered that reaction. All too frequently, care partners become focused on their goal or task and forget to seek permission to help. Maybe we did ask for permission, but we forgot that dementia often robs people of their ability to comprehend language yet retain social chit chat, so they said yes, but without knowing what they were answering? Maybe they had a bad reaction with someone else earlier. There are many things that can trigger a physical reaction, listen in to find more and new ways to respond in a positive way.
This session is designed to help care partners develop new awareness, knowledge and skills to reduce risk of physical resistance to care routines.
Your registration includes access to the recording of this session. We will email you and provide a link to the recording of the video approximately one week after the live event. You will have unlimited viewing access to this video for a period of one year.
- $20.00 per session – live or recorded
- $180 for the full series (1 free session)
- Discounts available if you register five or more participants. Please reach out to the Event Contact for more information.
- All registrations include access to the recordings of the session for a period of one year.
- Recordings are released approximately one week after the live session.
- Click here to register for the full series