Our Trainer Certification Courses are led exclusively by Teepa's personally trained team of PAC Mentors. Teepa no longer attends these courses in person.
Our Coach, Consultant, and Engagement Leader Certification Courses are led by Teepa's personally trained team of PAC Mentors. Teepa is present for one day of the two-day Coach, Consultant, and Engagment Leader courses.
All of our courses are recommended for Mental Health Professionals and Nursing Professionals along with any care partners or professionals interested in changing the world of dementia care.
In addition to providing dementia education and skill development each course teaches PAC Skills:
- GEMS® work
- Positive Physical Approach™
Check out the Certification Guide Here for a personal assessment.
Trainer: If you love to educate, don’t mind conducting a workshop in front of a group, and enjoy working with those living with dementia…the Positive Approach Trainer course is for you!
- PAC Certified Independent Trainers help your team and others gain awareness and knowledge related to dementia and the Positive Approach to Care by conducting workshops in a classroom setting.
- Learners are provided an in-depth look into different learning styles, the Adult Experiential Learning Cycle model, and the use of effective facilitation techniques.
Coach: If you prefer working one-on-one with staff, assisting and coaching to understand how to better apply and practice Positive Approach techniques and awareness…the Coach course is one to consider!
- PAC Certified Independent Coaches help your team and others take awareness and knowledge about dementia and turn it into skills.
- Coaches are individuals who work with the staff regularly to problem solve rather than to blame.
- Coaches and staff build on their relationship as well as the relationship with those for whom they are supporting.
Consultant: If you find yourself consulting and working with staff and families in situations related to dementia and want to learn strategies to move away from the fix-it model, better connect with others, and provide valuable information directly related to the person living with dementia …our Consultant course is worth considering!
- Learners will use Teepa's Six Pieces of the Puzzle to check out the big picture.
- Connection and curiosity are key when becoming a consultant.
Engagement Leader: If you are currently focused on filling each person's day with meaning beyond leisure, this may be the right fit. The focus is on expanding engagement in four areas with all staff and those living with dementia: productive, self-care, leisure, and restorative.
- The Engagement Leader Certification program is designed for those who are charged with creating opportunities for people to engage throughout the day, while living with dementia.
- In addition to dementia related awareness and knowledge, Teepa provides an in-depth look into the elements of a meaningful engagement program and filling the day with meaning.
- Learners will work to unpack Teepa's six building blocks for activities.
These two days are all about building your awareness, knowledge, and skills related to PAC.
Day one will focus more on your physical PAC Skills - Positive Physical Approach (PPA), Hand-under-Hand (HuH), GEMS identification, and more.
The second day will focus in on how those PAC Skills can be applied to the type of certification using a cycle or set of tools that are specific to that PAC certification.
Yes, there are a few ways to get discounts with PAC. If you are already certified, you can receive 20% off of your next course. If you work with Senior Helpers or some other select agencies, you are eligible for a discount. Finally, if you host a PAC Certification event, sign up in time for the early bird discount, or attend a Teepa Talk, you are eligible for a discount.
As for payment plans, we can offer a few options that may suit your needs.
Please reach out to Christy Hoover to discuss your needs.
Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes as you will be doing some movement to practice your PAC Skills. The room may be warmer or cooler than you like, please plan accordingly.
Please bring something to write with, your calendar, and a willingness to try something new.
Doors open at 8:30am
Course starts at 9:00am
Course ends at 5:00pm
Doors open at 8:00am
Course starts at 8:30am
Course ends at 5:00pm