**Important Coronavirus Information**
We care deeply about the safety of our own staff and our learners. Due to the fact that people will be traveling from all over for these in-person sessions, and we are still in the midst of a pandemic, in-person events will be strictly regulated and will follow all local mandates for safety. All PAC Mentors are fully vaccinated and will maintain boosters as recommended.
Positive Approach to Care® will be following CDC recommended safety guidelines for in-person gatherings:
- Masks/face coverings are required in all areas of the venue regardless of vaccination status. Masks/face coverings must be worn over both the mouth and nose.
- PAC Mentors and Trainers will not wear masks while presenting unless within 6 feet of others.
- All attendees will be screen for temperature. People with temperatures at or below 100.3 F (37.944444 C) may continue. People with temperatures at or above 100.4 F (38 C) will not be admitted.
- Depending on spikes and variants at the time of the course, rapid tests may be conducted in-person prior to entry to verify in-person safety.
- Tables and spaces will be set up to maintain distance while eating, drinking, or learning.
- Sanitizer, masks, and clean utensils will be provided for all touch-related activities.
- You will be required to select from one of the two following Options (A orB):
A. Voluntary Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Learners who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least 14 days after final dose of Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson) may voluntarily provide proof of vaccination as a substitute for a negative COVID test result. Full COVID-19 vaccination means:
- The day of the event is at least 14-days after your final vaccine dose, and boosted 6 months (Pfizer, Moderna) 2 months (Johnson & Johnson).
- Proof of vaccination must come directly from a healthcare provider that performs vaccinations and clearly displays your name and date of 2nd dose and date of booster.
- Proof can be displayed on your smartphone or by presenting a physical copy.
B. Proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the event (Antigen or PCR test). Proof of a negative test must come directly from a healthcare provider that performs COVID-19 tests and clearly displays your name, date, and result. Proof can be displayed on your smartphone or by presenting a physical copy.
Testing Positive or Temperature at 100.4 F (38 C): If you cannot meet the above requirements or are not admitted due to temperate or positive COVID test, you will be granted a transfer to a virtual certification course. PAC is not responsible for travel fees associated with in-person events.
Cancellation of a Certification Course:
- Two months prior: Cancellation two months or more prior to a Certification event will result in a $100 cancellation fee.
- Two months to two weeks prior: Cancellation from two months to two weeks prior to a Certification event will result in a $500 cancellation fee.
- Two weeks to the day of: Cancellation of participation in a Certification event from two weeks to one day prior to a Certification event, OR a no-show the day of a Certification event will result in a 50% cancellation or no show fee.
Transfer to a Different Certification Course: (**Coronavirus Statement: ALL Transfer fees waived at this time for people who feel unwell - COVID-19)
- Five weeks or greater prior to the event: No transfer fee will be applied when transferring to another course five weeks or more before the initial event.
- Two weeks to five weeks prior to the event: A $200USD transfer fee will be applied when transferring to another course two weeks to five weeks before the initial event.
- Two weeks to the day of the event: A $500USD transfer fee will be applied when transferring to another course within two weeks of the initial event.
Non-payment of Certification Event fee:
- 30 days after an event, an email will be sent for any outstanding payments with the cancellation of Certification policy:
- At 90 days (three months) after the Certification Course event, any participant with an outstanding balance will be asked to cease and desist all use of the Positive Approach® to Care (PAC) trademark and materials associated with your name. This includes, but is not limited to, use of title and logo on LinkedIn, email signature, and business cards. We do this to ensure that the general public is not misled as to which professionals are PAC Certified Independent Professionals in good standing, and to protect the mark for the benefit of those professionals who use the PAC designation properly.
Exceptions include: those who have received an email from the Certifications Coordinator outlining the agreed upon alternative payment plan.