PAC Certifications Overview: Organizations
We Do It For All!
ELEVATE your level of care for those living with dementia
PAC's Private Certification Courses offer a chance for your organization to change the culture of dementia from with in. Your team members have the opportunity to become PAC certified Trainers and Coaches in a two day intensive workshop within your community. There is an optional third day for expansion of the awareness and knowledge and SKILL throughout the rest of your organization using the new skills of your certified individuals with support from the PAC mentors.
Government (State) Led Certifications:
Are you part of a larger movement to improve dementia care across your region? PAC is now working with Indiana, Alaska, and a few more states to improve care and implement PAC Skills and methods across the region through Certification Courses.
Our trainer certification course is designed for individuals who wish to learn to train others in Teepa Snow's Positive Approach® to Care (PAC) philosophy, providing dementia related awareness, knowledge, and skill. Learn from Teepa's team of mentors how to train using a method with increased retention rate in an engaging 2 day course. After certification individuals will be able to facilitate learning on dementia care in a classroom, community, or support group setting.
Coach certification course is designed for individuals who supervise caregivers or other team members providing direct care to people living with dementia. Based in Cognitive Bahaivor Therapy Teepa's team of mentors develope your coaching skills in an engaging 2 day course. After certification individuals will be able to use knowledge, awareness, to enhance the skills of their teammates as a PAC Certified Coach.
In this course PAC team Mentors led a small group training in Teepa's Positive Phyiscal Approach (PPA), Hand under Hand (HuH), and GEMS recognition. Take this first step (or combine a Champion Course with a Certification Course) toward enhancing your team’s awareness and knowledge of dementia, learning specific techniques and hands-on skills that create quality of life for people living with dementia.
How your team will benefit from becoming PAC certified?
- Employees feel valued because you have invested in them. This feeling results in increased loyalty/less turnover for your organization.
- Camaraderie is created when you educate your staff as a TEAM.
- You have a hugely competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Dementia patients will feel nurtured, listened to, cared for.
- Family members report increased satisfaction with how their loved ones are being treated. Positive reviews can be shared on social media.
- Increases resident, family and employee satisfaction and retention.
- Proper care can reduce agitation, increase feeling of well-being and create a more harmonious living environment.
Quick Note on PAC Skills:
Hand-under-Hand is proven to elicit the least amount of resistive behaviors, in around the same amount of time as direct hand and hand over hand.
Certified = Qualified
Posative Approach to Care (PAC) certifications are supported by evidence based research.