The PAC Tribe
(1st Annual Extended Family Gathering) Some news from our 2019 Conference
by Shelly Edwards, MLS,
PAC Business Development Coordinator, Speaker, Consultant, and Trainer
Well, after months of planning, we held our first conference on November 17th – 19th. What happened? Well it felt like a huge family came together to connect and reconnect.
More than 400 people came to Cary, North Carolina from all over the world, and the feedback has been amazing! We had over 20 speakers leading 24 sessions as well as a play to kick it all off.
As co-chair for the event with Mary Lee, we felt the best way to sum up the event is to provide to all of you the many messages we received on our words of encouragement poster. So with no further ado:
- Positive Approach will change your life!
- Teepa and team Rock! Thank you
- PAC PRIDE
- To all Care Partners – You Are AMAZING!
- Thank you amazing people all
- I love PAC! It helps me help others (Jill)
- Teepa, you have and continue to change so many lives. Thank you! (Julie)
- We use PAC in ARUBA!
- Thank you PAC team! Changing lives one positive approach at a time!
- Teepa! Thank you for changing my life and how I connect with others.
- Thank you Beth Nolan for being so upbeat and encouraging! We love you! (Dayna and Amanda)
- Who has the best Certified Community members? PAC Does!
- Life Changes – PAC skills – Life Changing
- Give care, give grace
- Great teams are built on support! Thanks mentors!
- Doing WITH is the key! Thanks PAC
- Change happen over time. Will it be positive or negative? Be the change you wish to see.
- Strength comes and goes quickly but FLEXIBILITY takes longer but stays longer!
- Together we are one big PAC family
The feeling most expressed during the closing session was that we are a big family who are doing what we can to improve the lives of people living with dementia as well as our own. A final thank you needs to go to the entire PAC team as this conference would not have happened without the help of everyone. If you missed this one, plan to join us next year, November 15 – 17, 2020, again in North Carolina for the 2nd family gathering!
Shelly joined Teepa Snow’s PAC team in 2018, after four years as a PAC Certified Independent Trainer. She has been a trainer of adults for more than 30 years, specializing in Alzheimers and Dementia training since 2007, training professional caregivers, first responders, and families alike. She has also been a trainer for Oregon Care Partners since it’s inception in 2014, providing classes about dementia, challenging behaviors, and communication skills for care partners of all types (including the developmental disabilities community). She relocated to the NW in November 2013 (after living all over the US). She holds a BA in History from Mount Union College and a Masters of Library Science from Kent State University.