Parts Of The Brain
What are the 6 parts of the brain to note?
Before we can discuss what is changing for someone living with dementia, it is important to understand the job of the brain because it is the guiding system, the maintenance system, and the managing system of the body. Dementias often change the chemistry in a brain long before the structure changes, or any outward symptoms arise.
- Occipital Lobe: Vision
- Left Temporal Lobe: Formal Language
- Right Temporal Lobe: Rhythmic Language and Movement
- Pre-frontal Cortex: Executive Control Center
- Parietal Lobe: Movement and Sensation
- Limbic System: Thrive to Survive
- Amygdalae - Threat, Needs, and Pleasure
- Hippocampus - Memory and Awareness
- Thalamus, Hypothalamus, etc.. - The Engine
"I am who I was, but I'm different." - Teepa Snow
Teepa is always adding new content on the brain and how it changes with dementia...
Subscribe now to stay up-to-date!
Where to next?