Thursday, December 6, 2018
Central Baptist Village
4747 Canfield Ave.
Norridge, IL 60706
Please note: This event is scheduled for December 6, 2018 (8:30a-5:00p) and December 7, 2018 (8:00a - 5:00p).
Do you currently train or provide workshops to others about dementia?
Do you want to provide engaging workshops to others about dementia?
This certification is designed for individuals who wish to learn to train others in Teepa Snow's Positive Approach® to Care (PAC) philosophy, providing dementia related awareness, knowledge, and skill development in a classroom, community, or support group setting.
Class size is limited to 26 participants in each location.
What is new in 2018? Starting January 2018 Teepa will transition off of the PAC Trainer Certification.
Although Teepa has enjoyed offering our core PAC Certification courses, she is ready to offer Knowledge Intensives, deeper training in the knowledge and skills necessary for successful outcomes on specific tasks or areas of interaction. For three years, she has prepared a small, but elite, group of PAC Lead Mentors to offer the PAC Trainer Certification, without her physical presence. The Trainer Certification will continue to provide the same just-right challenge and support in content, practice opportunities, excitement that is built into the program—all while continuing to prepare the participants to offer PAC content to their care partners to support for people living with dementia. Read more here about Teepa's transition.
PAC Trainer Certification class size is limited to 26 participants in each location.
Training and certification fee of $1,600USD* includes:
- Access to PAC training website with the Seeing It from the Other Side videos
- Training manual with presentation and classroom materials
- Two days (14 hours) of skill based classroom training, led by PAC Mentors
- Post training support from PAC Mentor
- PAC Certified Independent Trainer Certificate
- Nine hours of PAC curriculum: Three training Workshops for a dementia care
- A specially formatted, Seeing It from the Other Side DVD to use in your workshops
- License to train using PAC materials
- Use of PAC Certified Independent Trainer logo as long as certification is maintained
- Name posted on our website
- Continuing education webinars, PAC blog, and the private PAC Professionals Facebook group
CERTIFICATION COURSE OVERVIEW
- Seven hours of online video, PRE-COURSE WORK featuring Teepa Snow.
- TWO-DAY, ONSITE CLASSROOM WORKSHOP.
DAY 1: Positive Care Skills Review and Practice (8:30 am-5:00pm) to review and practice care partnering techniques with PAC Mentors.
Day 2: Learning Effective Training and Facilitation (8:00am - 5:00pm) with the PAC Mentor team for an in-depth workshop to effectively engage adult learners.
- One-on-one POST-TRAINING FOLLOW-UP with a PAC Mentor to grow workshop facilitation skills.
PAC Certified Independent Trainers are authorized to use PAC training materials to train others.
* Fees subject to change depending upon country, and other conditions. Please see our Certification Payment, Refund, and Transfer policy.
Annual Re-Certification Fee is $150USD.
Continuing Education credit for this program is awarded (for events located in the US only) by Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) for the following professions:
Nurses: As an American Psychological Association approved provider CES programs are accepted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Every state Board of Nursing accepts ANCC approved programs except California and Iowa, however CES is also an approved Continuing Education provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, (Provider Number CEP15567) which is also accepted by the Iowa Board of Nursing. Nurses completing this program receive 14.0 CE hours of credit.
Social Workers: CES, provider #1117, is approved as a Provider for Social Work Continuing Education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. CES maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 10/5/15 through 10/5/18. Social Workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social Workers participating in this course will receive 14.0 clinical continuing education clock hours.
Grievance Policy: Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) seeks to ensure equitable treatment of every person and to make every attempt to resolve grievances in a fair manner. Please submit a written grievance to CES, 1020 Osterville West Barnstable Rd, Marstons Mills, MA 02648. Grievances will initially be directed to the training instructor. Grievances would receive, to the best of our ability, corrective action in order to prevent further problems. If you have questions or concerns, contact Commonwealth Educational Seminars at (800) 376-3345.
Accommodations for the differently abled: Commonwealth Educational Seminar’s training facilities are handicap accessible. At Positive Approach to Care, we aim to find the right supports for everyone to shine. Individuals needing special accommodations, please contact us.