Thursday, May 31, 2018
THIS EVENT WILL OPEN FOR REGISTRATION ON JANUARY 8,
Hosted by: TBD
Please note: This event is scheduled for May 31, 2018 (8:30a-5:00p) and June 1, 2018 (8:00a - 5:00p).
The PAC Independent Certified Coach program is designed for anyone who supervises caregivers or other team members providing direct care or support to individuals living with dementia. If your goal is to help people build skills and change their behavior towards individuals with dementia, this training is for you.
Recommended for Memory Care Program Directors, Resident Care Directors, CNAs and Social Workers in leadership positions, Staff Education Directors, Adult Day Program Directors, Executive Directors.
PAC Coach Certification class size is limited to 25 participants in each location.
Qualifications for Registration
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a health related field
- Minimum of 6 months dementia related experience
- Review of three or more Teepa Snow online videos / you tubes or participation in a seminar
The following training curriculum must be completed before attending classroom training:
- 7 hours of documented, online video training featuring Teepa Snow (access to the training website is provided after acceptance into the training program)
- Successful completion of assessments related to video training and certification category
Classroom Training Overview
Day One: Care Skills Workshop / 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
A PAC Mentor reviews and practices effective care partnering techniques, including Positive Physical Approach™and Hand-under-Hand™. Gain the skills needed to help your team members shift from simply dealing with the behaviors of those they care for, to creating a positive and caring environment.
Day Two: Becoming an Effective Coach and Leader / 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Teepa provides an in-depth look into the elements of effective coaching. These elements include:
- Considering how your actions and intentions come across to those around you
- Learning to provide non-judgmental feedback, using questioning techniques to help others identify solutions and actions
- Learning to apply newly learned techniques to improve outcomes and foster accountability among team members
Participants work with a PAC Mentor to complete certification. This requires timely follow-up and completion of multiple steps within an 8-week period. Complete several phone consults with a PAC Mentor to further develop and demonstrate newly learned skills.
The following steps will be completed during your coach calls:
- Develop your training plan – set up Planned PPA™ and Coaching Sessions with your team members
- Record and submit recorded video segments and checklists from your Planned PPA™ and Coaching Sessions to your PAC Mentor
- Review your practice habits and discuss the videos and skills sheets, using Hand-under-Hand™, PPA™, GEMS® identification and Coaching in the Moment
- Work on Coaching Skills considering different personality types and learning styles
- Share your experiences/outcomes and identify progress, challenges, and next steps
Fee* of $1,800 (non-refundable) includes:
- Training videos (7 hours) and materials
- Training manual with presentation and classroom materials
- 6 hours of classroom training led by PAC Mentor
- 8 hours of classroom led by Teepa Snow
- Access to Teepa's continued education webinars
- Post training follow up and coaching from PAC Mentor
- Certificate of completion
- Access to PAC Approved Certification logo
- PAC Coach E-Certificate (paper certificate $25.00)
* For information on fees, please click the
button for the event you are interested in attending (located on top right of the event page.)
PAC Independent Certified Coaches are required to annually document and demonstrate continued competence in order to maintain certification.
Annual re-certification fee is $150.