Monday, January 28, 2019
NHS Training Center
651 Beacon Parkway West, Suite 213
Birmingham, AL 35209
Hosted by: Restore Therapy Services
Please note: This event is scheduled for January 28, 2019 (8:30a-5:00p) and January 29, 2019 (8:00a - 5:00p).
Do you supervise caregivers or other team members who provide direct care?
This certification is designed for anyone who supervises caregivers or other team members providing direct care or support to individuals living with dementia. If your goal is to help people change their behavior towards people living with dementia, this training is for you.
Professionals who may benefit from this training include: Memory Care Program Directors, Resident Care Directors, CNAs, Social Workers in leadership positions, Staff Education Directors, Adult Day Program Directors, and Executive Directors.
Class is limited to 26 participants in each location.
Training and certification fee of $1,800USD* includes:
- Continued access to the video, Seeing If From the Other Side” on the PAC training website
- Specially designed Coaching videos for your learners to view
- Training manual with presentation and classroom materials
- Seven hours of classroom training led by a Lead PAC Mentor
- Seven hours of classroom training led by Teepa Snow
- Access to Teepa's continuing education webinars
- Post training follow-up and coaching from PAC Mentor
- License to Coach and run huddles using PAC materials
- Use of PAC™ Certified Independent Coach logo, as long as certification is maintained
- E-certificate of completion
- Name posted on our website
CERTIFICATION COURSE OVERVIEW
- Seven hours of online video, PRE-COURSE WORK featuring Teepa Snow.
- TWO-DAY, ONSITE CLASSROOM WORKSHOP.
DAY 1: Positive Care Skills Review and Practice (8:30 am-5:00pm) to review and practice care partnering techniques with PAC Mentors.
Day 2: Becoming Effective Coach and Leader (8:00am - 5:00pm) with Teepa Snow and the PAC Mentor team through an in-depth look into the elements of effective coaching.
- One-on-one POST-TRAINING FOLLOW-UP with a PAC Mentor to grow your coaching skills.
Annual Re-Certification Fee is $150USD.
* Fees subject to change depending upon country, and other conditions. For more information, please see our Certification Payment, Refund, and Transfer policy.
Continuing Education credit for this program is awarded (for events located in the US only) by Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) for the following professions:
Nurses: As an American Psychological Association approved provider CES programs are accepted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Every state Board of Nursing accepts ANCC approved programs except California and Iowa, however CES is also an approved Continuing Education provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, (Provider Number CEP15567) which is also accepted by the Iowa Board of Nursing. Nurses completing this program receive 14.0 CE hours of credit.
Social Workers: CES, provider #1117, is approved as a Provider for Social Work Continuing Education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. CES maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 10/5/15 through 10/5/18. Social Workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social Workers participating in this course will receive 14.0 clinical continuing education clock hours.
Grievance Policy: Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) seeks to ensure equitable treatment of every person and to make every attempt to resolve grievances in a fair manner. Please submit a written grievance to CES, 1020 Osterville West Barnstable Rd, Marstons Mills, MA 02648. Grievances will initially be directed to the training instructor. Grievances would receive, to the best of our ability, corrective action in order to prevent further problems. If you have questions or concerns, contact Commonwealth Educational Seminars at (800) 376-3345.
Accommodations for the differently abled: Commonwealth Educational Seminar’s training facilities are handicap accessible. At Positive Approach® to Care, we aim to find the right supports for everyone to shine. Individuals needing special accommodations, please contact us.
The big reveal is here! Please take a look at our 2019 Calendar and notable changes for Positive Approach® to Care’s (PAC) Events. While this list does not include all of Teepa’s Speaking Engagements, PAC Speaking Engagements, Webinars, or our Private Skills Days, we will have those up on the website calendar as we finalize those dates.
Here at PAC we work tirelessly to change the culture of dementia care, one mind at a time. Though we are mindful of the effect pricing shifts have on each mind, or person, after several years of fixed rates, we must adjust with the times to continue to offer the highest quality trainings, materials, and information. While we understand that for some, our prices can be a big investment, we are willing to work with you in order to make it possible for you to join us on this journey. Check out what is new, but also feel free to reach out now to book one of the remaining 2018 events at the lower price! All prices show in USD unless otherwise stated. Contact us via email or by phone at 877-877-1671 for additional details.
Certifications - US Public
A full, two-day course for individuals to become certified in one of four areas; Coach, Trainer, Consultant, or Engagement Leader. Please email the Outreach Team for more information or to sign up for a course.
- $1900/person for all US based courses
- Start to grow your skills before you get to the course with Champion Courses.
- $180/level (credited towards certification registration)
Check out the full 2019 calendar and list of certification events for 2019.
Use promo code EARLYBIRD19 to receive $50 off your registration fee if you sign up before January 1, 2019.
Just a $250 non-refundable deposit will hold your spot for any of our 2019 courses and will earn you a $50 discount on your course. Once the full course registration opens up, you will be the first to register and will receive your discount code at that time. If you are already certified, have a group of four or more to attend any combination of our courses, are a Senior Helpers franchise owner, or meet other requirements, you may be entitled to an even greater discount.
To see if you qualify or to talk with our PAC Team on finding the right certification for you, please email us here or call 877-877-1671.
Please choose the correct quarter below:
- 1st Quarter Early Bird Deposits: Register Here - OR Save a step and go ahead and register in full for the 1st quarter certifications with your early bird discount: EARLYBIRD19 - 1st quarter events are listed below.
- 2nd Quarter Early Bird Deposits: Register Here
- 3rd Quarter Early Bird Deposits: Register Here
- 4th Quarter Early Bird Deposits: Register Here