Monday, January 28, 2019
Please note: This event is scheduled for January 28, 2019 (8:30a-5:00p) and January 29, 2019 (8:00a - 5:00p).
Do you supervise caregivers or other team members who provide direct care?
This certification is designed for anyone who supervises caregivers or other team members providing direct care or support to individuals living with dementia. If your goal is to help people change their behavior towards people living with dementia, this training is for you.
Professionals who may benefit from this training include: Memory Care Program Directors, Resident Care Directors, CNAs, Social Workers in leadership positions, Staff Education Directors, Adult Day Program Directors, and Executive Directors.
Class is limited to 26 participants in each location.
Training and certification fee of $1,800USD* includes:
- Continued access to the video, Seeing If From the Other Side” on the PAC training website
- Specially designed Coaching videos for your learners to view
- Training manual with presentation and classroom materials
- Seven hours of classroom training led by a Lead PAC Mentor
- Seven hours of classroom training led by Teepa Snow
- Access to Teepa's continuing education webinars
- Post training follow-up and coaching from PAC Mentor
- License to Coach and run huddles using PAC materials
- Use of PAC™ Certified Independent Coach logo, as long as certification is maintained
- E-certificate of completion
- Name posted on our website
CERTIFICATION COURSE OVERVIEW
- Seven hours of online video, PRE-COURSE WORK featuring Teepa Snow.
- TWO-DAY, ONSITE CLASSROOM WORKSHOP.
DAY 1: Positive Care Skills Review and Practice (8:30 am-5:00pm) to review and practice care partnering techniques with PAC Mentors.
Day 2: Becoming Effective Coach and Leader (8:00am - 5:00pm) with Teepa Snow and the PAC Mentor team through an in-depth look into the elements of effective coaching.
- One-on-one POST-TRAINING FOLLOW-UP with a PAC Mentor to grow your coaching skills.
Annual Re-Certification Fee is $150USD.
* Fees subject to change depending upon country, and other conditions. For more information, please see our Certification Payment, Refund, and Transfer policy.
Continuing Education credit for this program is awarded (for events located in the US only) by Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) for the following professions:
Nurses: As an American Psychological Association approved provider CES programs are accepted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Every state Board of Nursing accepts ANCC approved programs except California and Iowa, however CES is also an approved Continuing Education provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, (Provider Number CEP15567) which is also accepted by the Iowa Board of Nursing. Nurses completing this program receive 14.0 CE hours of credit.
Social Workers: CES, provider #1117, is approved as a Provider for Social Work Continuing Education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. CES maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 10/5/15 through 10/5/18. Social Workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social Workers participating in this course will receive 14.0 clinical continuing education clock hours.
Grievance Policy: Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) seeks to ensure equitable treatment of every person and to make every attempt to resolve grievances in a fair manner. Please submit a written grievance to CES, 1020 Osterville West Barnstable Rd, Marstons Mills, MA 02648. Grievances will initially be directed to the training instructor. Grievances would receive, to the best of our ability, corrective action in order to prevent further problems. If you have questions or concerns, contact Commonwealth Educational Seminars at (800) 376-3345.
Accommodations for the differently abled: Commonwealth Educational Seminar’s training facilities are handicap accessible. At Positive Approach® to Care, we aim to find the right supports for everyone to shine. Individuals needing special accommodations, please contact us.