Introduce Positive Approach® to Care (PAC) philosophy and care partnering techniques to your staff and professional network.
Book staff training today and take the first step toward enhancing your team’s awareness and knowledge of dementia, while improving their understanding of specific techniques and hands-on skills that create quality of life for people living with dementia.
Positive Approach® to Care (PAC) Skills Awareness Workshop
Changing Caregivers Into Care Partners through Connection, Communication, and Care
(4.5 hours of content/ max 45 participants)
Treat your staff to this enlightening and interactive training session, designed to provide an introduction to Positive Approach® philosophy and care partnering techniques that change the way people think about dementia.
- Discuss common brain changes
- Compare and contrast cues that people living with dementia provide to others, indicating the most common unmet needs that lead to distress or challenging behaviors
- Practice four assistive techniques for various levels of cognitive impairment, emphasizing use of preserved abilities
- Identify the value of consistent positive reinforcement and proactive interventions to promote well-being and reduce challenging situations
- Using GEMS®, recognize the value of noticing the functional ability of the person living with dementia and supportive responses that match.
$2,500 + travel for two PAC Skills Mentors
Two Day Private Champion Course
Turn Common Sense Into Common Practices that Make a Difference
(Each day = 4.5 hours of content/Max 18 participants)
This fundamental, interactive training is designed for up to 18 members of your care team. Host a training for your community or invite key team members from sister communities to learn and practice care partnering techniques including Positive Physical Approach™ (PPA) and Hand-under-Hand® (HuH) guide and assist.
Day One - Classroom Training
Day One provides an intensive focus on specific areas of dementia awareness and knowledge, as well as structured time to drill core skills for development in a classroom setting.
Day 2 - Classroom and On-the-Floor Skills Practice
Day 2 provides the next level of skill development, incorporating on-the-floor coaching by PAC Mentors to practice Positive Physical Approach™ and Hand-under-Hand® in actual care scenarios throughout the training day.
- Learn foundational dementia related information.
- Learn to apply knowledge and skill in Positive Approach® philosophy, Positive Physical Approach™ (PPA) and Hand-under-Hand® (HuH).
- Learn the GEMS® Abilities Model and how to see people living with dementia as precious, unique, and capable.
- Begin to learn how to offer support based on an individual’s GEMS® state and their unmet needs.
- Begin to learn how to use the Six Pieces of the Puzzle to address challenging situations.
- Improve day-to-day interactions and outcomes with residents.
$5,000 + travel for two PAC Skills Mentors
Six Month Comprehensive Team Training
Two PAC Skills Mentors train your staff two days every month for a period of six months. This program includes 12 days of onsite training, distance coaching/consulting each month, video reviews, planning and reporting between visits. Your team will be trained in positive communication and care partnering techniques that change the way they approach and interact with someone affected by dementia. This comprehensive training grows the skill needed to deliver quality care, improve outcomes, and sustain quality.
- Learn foundational dementia related information and have the ability to routinely apply this knowledge.
- Learn to apply knowledge and skill in Positive Approach® philosophy, Positive Physical Approach™ (PPA™) and Hand-under-Hand™ (HuH) guide and assist.
- Fully understand and embody the Positive Approach® philosophy with residents, staff and family members.
- Learn to identify and respond to your residents unmet physical and emotional needs.
- Learn to correctly use Positive Physical Approach™ (PPA) and Hand-under-Hand™ (HuH) guide and assist.
- Understand the GEMS® Abilities Model and learn how to match an individual’s abilities with each GEMS® level.
- Improve day to day interactions and outcomes with residents.
- Learn effective coaching and feedback techniques needed to sustain an internal training program.
$35,000 + travel for two PAC Skills Mentors