NEW Education Kits!
Positive Approach to Care is happy to provide you with tools to improve dementia care and meet the education requirements for your staff.
This Education Kit includes the following:
- Introductory Videos based on the chosen course
- Primary Content Videos based on the chosen course
- Bonus Video Content based on the chosen course
- Outline and Objectives for Primary Video and Additional Video content
- Bonus handout materials (pdf): GEMS Resource, The Umbrella of Dementia, PPA/PAS/PPC Resource, PAC Hand Core Values/Mission
- Pre/Post Assessments (pdf):
- By Chapter Quiz and Overall Quiz for Primary Video
- Overall Quiz for Additional Video
- Answer Key for Assessments (pdf)*
- Certificate of Completion Template (pdf)**
- A license to use the video content for your organization for one (1) year; renewal licenses will be granted upon payment of yearly license fee. Licensing renewal fee is based upon the number of users and will be determined at the time of renewal***
Using this Education Kit will increase staff awareness on how much their approach and interactions impact people living with dementia. It will help them understand that dementia is not a choice, but a condition that affects a person’s ability to function “normally.” As care partners, it is possible to adapt what we do to improve care interactions and outcomes. The practical and well-designed techniques demonstrated in these videos can be used by any staff person, volunteer, or family member.
We hope that the resources in this Education Kit will be a practical starting point in helping staff become more aware that they can make a significant difference with some simple changes to the way they have traditionally done things. Please check back with us for additional products and services to meet your needs as you grow your dementia care skills!
The Education Kits were designed primarily for use by organizations of 100 or fewer professionals. If your organization exceeds this number, please contact Corrie Phillips to discuss other options available to you.
Organizations wishing to incorporate the Education Kit content into existing Learning Management Systems should contact Corrie Phillips to learn more about this option. Note: the content for Becoming Dementia Aware is not available for upload on a Learning Management System (LMS).