Consultant Certification (2 days)
Do you currently or wish to counsel or advise families working with those living with dementia?
The PAC Independent Certified Consultant program is designed for professionals who counsel and advise families working through dementia related challenges. In addition to dementia related awareness and knowledge, learners are taught effective communication techniques, strategies to connect with people in a meaningful way, and methods of providing the right resources at the right time. Upon completion of the on-line videos and assessments (pre-classroom training) and classroom training, learners have eight weeks to complete the remaining requirements to achieve certifcation.
Professionals who may benefit from this training include Geriatric Care Managers, Executive Directors, Marketing Directors, Senior Living Advisors, Marriage and Family Therapists, Stephens Ministers and Elder Law Attorneys.
Info on 2019 Certifications
A full, two-day course for individuals to become certified in one of four areas; Coach, Trainer, Consultant, or Engagement Leader. Please email the Outreach Team for more information or to sign up for a course.
- $1900/person for all US based courses
- Start to grow your skills before you get to the course with Champion Courses
- $180/level (credited towards certification registration)
Use promo code EARLYBIRD19 to receive $50 off your registration fee if you sign up before January 1, 2019. Scroll down to see event details.
Don't let these courses fly away. Just a $250 non-refundable deposit will hold your spot for any of our 2019 courses and will earn you a $50 discount on your course. Once the full course registration opens up, you will be the first to register and will receive your discount code at that time. If you are already certified, have a group of four or more to attend any combination of our courses, are a Senior Helpers franchise owner, or meet other requirements, you may be entitled to an even greater discount.
To see if you qualify or to talk with our PAC Team on finding the right certification for you, please email us here or call 877-877-1671.
1st Quarter Early Bird Deposits: Register Here or save a step and go ahead and register in full for the 1st quarter certifications by choosing an event from the list below.
2nd Quarter Early Bird Deposits: Register Here
3rd Quarter Early Bird Deposits: Register Here
4th Quarter Early Bird Deposits: Register Here
Qualifications for registration:
- A college degree
- Minimum of three years of experience in a health related field
- Minimum of one year dementia related experience
- Review of three or more Teepa Snow videos or participation in a seminar
Participants complete the following training curriculum before attending the classroom training:
- Seven hours of documented video training featuring Teepa Snow (access to training website is provided after registration is complete)
- Successful completion of assessments related to video training
- Participants coordinate with a PAC Mentor to demonstrate proficiency in Positive Physical Approach™ and Hand-under-Hand™ (both are featured in the online video training)
Your Role as a Dementia Care Consultant / 8:30 am - 5:00 pm:
Teepa provides an in-depth look into the consultant role and ways to better support your clients.
- Role of a PAC Consultant
- Review of the Brain and Brain Change
- Dealing with Grief and Loss – Two Major Groups and Five States
- Core Steps to Pre-Planned Consulting
- Personality Traits - What Makes You Click, What Makes You Tick? What Makes Others Click?
- Learning Style Preferences – Understanding How People Might Like to Learn
- Coaching and Being Coached
- Consulting ‘In the Moment’
- Denial; Recognizing and Addressing
- Positive Physical Approach™ and Hand-under-Hand™
Practice Using Consultant Tools / 8:00 am - 5:00 pm:
A PAC Mentor leads this interactive practice session. Participants apply newly learned skills in role plays using the Six Pieces of the Puzzle, Teepa's GEMS® and cue cards. Real life examples are explored in small group discussions.
Participants work with a PAC Mentor to complete certification. This requires timely follow up and completion of multiple steps within an eight week period. Complete several phone consult sessions with your PAC Mentor to further develop and demonstrate newly learned skills.
After listening to two pre-recorded webinars (access will be provided after classroom training), the following steps will be completed during your mentor calls:
- Review your chosen scenario, applying the Six Pieces of the Puzzle
- Role play using a variety of skills and observations to provide support and guidance
- Discuss and process the role play, the SKILLS used, and the process
The list price fee of $1,800 US* includes:
- Training videos (seven hours)
- Training manual with presentation and classroom materials
- Seven contact/content hours of classroom training, led by Teepa Snow
- Seven contact/content hours of classroom training, led by a Lead PAC Mentor
- Access to continuing education webinars
- Post training follow up and coaching from a PAC Mentor
- Certificate of completion
- Access to Certified PAC Consultant logo
* Fees subject to change depending upon country, and other conditions. Please see our refund and transfer policy.
Annual Recertification Fee is $150.
PAC Independent Certified Consultants are required to annually document and demonstrate continued competence in order to maintain certification.